Community Health Presentations
Our community health educators are available to request to provide health education presentations on a wide variety of topics. If your office, community group, or other organization is interested in having us speak to your group, or if you would like more information about any of the classes below, please call 606-564-9774 and ask to speak with the Health Education Coordinator.
For dates, times, and locations for any of the classes below, please check the events page, or call us directly.
- Arthritis Exercise: A group recreational exercise program designed specifically for arthritis. Every Mon./Wed.
- Breastfeeding Classes: Provides pregnant and breastfeeding women with information about the benefits of breastfeeding and other related topics. Check Facebook for event times: https://www.facebook.com/BTDHD/
- Car Seat Checks: Provides education on the current use of car seats including current safety standards. Provides a limited number of car seats for income eligible infants and toddlers. Call to schedule.
- Cooper-Clayton Smoking Cessation Classes: Focuses on how to become a non-smoker using support and nicotine replacement products.
- Freedom From Smoking: This program from the American Lung Association helps you overcome your tobacco addiction so you can enjoy the benefits of better health. Register by: Feb. 5th!
- Safe Sitter Classes: Provides instruction for ages 11-13 year old boys and girls with skills for safe, nurturing care for children and proper response to medical emergencies.
- Strong Women: A group exercise program designed for middle-aged and older adults. Every Mon./Wed.
- Walk with Ease: A group exercise program to walking for better health, improved fitness and less pain.
- DIET FREE: A series that teaches healthy habits for weight loss. Register by January 7th!
- Zumba Gold: A slower-paced, low-impact version of traditional Zumba exercises. Every Mon./Wed.
- Walk 15: A low-impact, walking-based exercise class. Every Mon./Wed.
- Microclinic: fun, free program that helps people make lasting lifestyle changes with the support of friends and family! Session begins February 3!