Community Health Presentations
Our community health educators are available to request to provide health education presentations on a wide variety of topics. If your office, community group, or other organization is interested in having us speak to your group, or if you would like more information about any of the classes below, please call 606-564-9774 and ask to speak with the Health Education Coordinator.
For dates, times, and locations for any of the classes below, please check the events page, or call us directly.
- Arthritis Exercise: A group recreational exercise program designed specifically for arthritis. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Breastfeeding Classes: Provides pregnant and breastfeeding women with information about the benefits of breastfeeding and other related topics. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Car Seat Checks: Provides education on the current use of car seats including current safety standards. Provides a limited number of car seats for income eligible infants and toddlers. Call to schedule.
- Cooper-Clayton Smoking Cessation Classes: Focuses on how to become a non-smoker using support and nicotine replacement products. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Freedom From Smoking: This program from the American Lung Association helps you overcome your tobacco addiction so you can enjoy the benefits of better health. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Safe Sitter Classes: Provides instruction for ages 11-13 year old boys and girls with skills for safe, nurturing care for children and proper response to medical emergencies. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Strong Women: A group exercise program designed for middle-aged and older adults. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Walk with Ease: A group exercise program to walking for better health, improved fitness and less pain. Cancelled during pandemic.
- DIET FREE: A series that teaches healthy habits for weight loss. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Zumba Gold: A slower-paced, low-impact version of traditional Zumba exercises. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Walk 15: A low-impact, walking-based exercise class. Cancelled during pandemic.
- Microclinic: fun, free program that helps people make lasting lifestyle changes with the support of friends and family!Cancelled during pandemic.